Want to write for the Hope After Faith blog?
We’d love to hear your voice!
We just have a few guidelines for you to keep in mind:
1. Please read through a few of our posts and the rest of our site to get a feel for who we are and topics we like to cover. While we and many of our listeners are atheists, this site is focused more on humanism. On that note:
2. Please review the Hope After Faith mission statement:
At Hope After Faith, our mission is simple: We want everyone to feel at home here. Whether you’re a questioning believer, consider yourself spiritual but not religious, or have moved on from religion entirely, you’re welcome here. These are the values we hold dear:
- Bridge building. We believe that the way for humanity to move forward is to celebrate our shared humanity. Rather than pointing fingers, we want to build bridges of communication and collaboration.
- Finding common ground – and building on it. When we start to celebrate our shared humanity, we’ll find many ways in which we’re similar – even when we may have firm disagreements on matters of faith. We believe that humanists from all walks of life need to come together to help reach our common goals.
- Focusing on humanity and humanism. Even when we disagree, we have to keep in mind the humanity of the person holding beliefs in opposition to ours. Here at Hope After Faith, we’re committed to focusing on people more than ideas, and on building positive working relationships across ideological divides.
We’re committed to that humanistic outlook – and we’d like to see guest posts that also focus on it.
3. Hope After Faith is all about opening lines of communication. If you’ve got a personal story about relationships with religious family, concepts that led to your deconversion, social justice issues (whether you’re a believer or not), or other humanist topics, we’d love to hear from you.
What we’re not looking for:
- Posts that call out specific people. Ideas are ripe for challenge, but we won’t publish personal attacks.
- Posts that are purely debate or argument-based. We’re happy to explore topics from all sides, but we’re more interested in productive conversation than arguing. Try to look at your topic from the other side’s point of view, and find common ground that you can work from.
- Posts that only address controversy within the atheist movement. Our vision for this site is to appeal to humanists from all walks of life – and we feel that this mission gets lost if we dive into movement politics.
A few housekeeping notes:
- Please keep your post under 1,000 words. If you’ve got a longer topic that can be broken over multiple posts, please ask about it before you submit. We’re willing to consider short guest post series, but we need to make sure they adhere to our guidelines before you put in all that hard work.
- Please alert us if your guest post has been published online elsewhere.
- Please do not republish your post for 90 days after we’ve published it.
- We encourage you to share your post with your social networks and encourage your networks to come to the blog and comment. We also encourage you to visit your post in the days following its publication and respond to comments that come in.
Whew! Now that you’ve read through the guidelines, you can send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for being a part of the Hope After Faith family – we look forward to hearing from you!